Meka Candles & Scents

Monday, January 5, 2009

Create or 9 to 5? Well...... Technically 6a to 3p

So I'm sitting in bed contemplating my career or my passion? I like my job, but I love making candles,as you can see by my website I haven't had time to make anything new. Yes, I make candles for my husband to take to work so his store smells pretty, I make them for family members, friends and occasionally for myself, but what about everyone else? I still have the drive, the ambition, the know how, but wheres the time? My dream is to have a candle business that people come to all the time, when they think about candles or need a new candle, they think of me. How do I do that and still hold down a full time job, take care of four growing children and still be a good wife?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a candle business (started 6 years ago), am mom to 4 boys (ages 2 -15), am a piano teach (real job), church pianist (real job) and now own a sampler box business too. There is never enough time in the day, but at least I'm doing what I really love! Concentrate on that and where there's a will, you'll make a way!
Good luck and follow your dreams!!

Blessings,
Michelle

Bonhomie said...

I think the majority of us have the same question! I left a 9to5 after the birth of my son and started my own work-from-home business. It does well enough to supplement my husband's income. But then I discovered my passion for making jewelry and that's when the questions began. Thankfully, my husband is wonderfully supportive. Until the answer becomes painfully clear, I'll just continue to try to do it all ;-) Best of luck to you!!

Duni said...

I have been contemplating the same issue lately, too. I'd love to make designing and sewing my bags a full-time job, unfortunately it will not pay the bills...and I also need more time!

Body Natural Soap said...

I know exactly how you feel. I have a soap Business. My Husband and I have a Computer Business and full time jobs. I really want to be in business for myself but It is a scary thing to leave the Guaranteed check and do it but I am getting closer. Otherwise I am going to get worn out and not